Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Horses

It rained all day today. No, it didn't rain, it poured. It can't-see-the-highway rained. Trucks spinning off the road rained. Well, that's more of a Texas thing than a rain thing. While my plants were grateful and I am certain we needed the rain, I am a little disappointed that it rained so much. I didn't go to the barn at all this past week, and I know it's only been a week, but I feel like I haven't ridden in forever.

My half-chaps, boots and breeches are starting to look pretty rough. The elastic on the ankles are pulling off, my boots are cracking and the swede on my half-chaps are essentially gone. The half-chaps are fine, but I would like to get new boots and breeches.

My last lesson Jessica rode Sam and I rode Oslo. Jessica was really nervous, and the first 15 or 20 minutes of the lesson were a little tense, but she relaxed and the lesson ended up going really nicely. Oslo is difficult to get used to, but he is amazing. He's so fun to ride and he has such beautiful strides. The biggest challenge for him is setting him up to the jump and making sure not to jump ahead of him.

I've found I struggle the most with finding distances to jumps. I'm hoping we'll do more in the way of gymnastics to help improve that.

I get to see one of my favorite people in the world soon, and that makes me really happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment